Active Employee Open Enrollment 2018
The Open Enrollment period for Active Employee Health and Life insurance plans will be from April 2 – 30, 2018. Now is the time when you should stop and think about health coverage for yourself and your family and determine which plans will best meet your needs for the new plan year (July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019). Open enrollment is your only opportunity to make changes to your health plan enrollment without experiencing a qualifying event.
During open enrollment, you can:
- Add a plan, change from one plan to another, or drop a plan
- Add an eligible dependent or drop a dependent
- Change coverage tiers such as changing from single to family or family to 2-party
||April 2 – 30, 2018|
||July 1, 2018|
||July 15, 2018 through June 30, 2019
July 20, 2018 through July 5, 2019
||July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019|
||April 30, 2018|
Plan Changes (effective 7/01/18)
The EUTF and HSTA VB chiropractic benefit will no longer be provided by Royal State National/ChiroPlan Hawaii but is included with your HMSA or Kaiser medical plan (through American Specialty Health Group, Inc.) with no change to the benefit.
EUTF Supplemental Medical & Prescription Drug Plan:
The EUTF Supplemental Medical & Prescription Drug Plan will now be administered by Hawaii Mainland Administrators (HMA). The plan year maximum will be $2,750 per person with a prescription drug sublimit of $250 per person.
HMSA Medical Plans:
- EUTF PPO and HSTA VB 90/10 PPO plans – In-network tuberculin (TB) screenings will be covered at no charge to the member.
- EUTF 80/20 PPO plan – Your coinsurance for in-network maternity services will be 20%.
- EUTF 75/25 PPO plan – In-network outpatient laboratory and pathology services will no longer be subject to the calendar year deductible.
- EUTF HMO plan – Your copayment for emergency room services will be $100 per visit and routine annual physical examinations will be covered at no charge.
CVS Prescription Drug Plan:
EUTF 75/25 PPO drug plan – The calendar year maximum out-of-pocket limit will increase to $2,350 per person/$4,700 per family.
For more information, attend an open enrollment informational session or webinar. At the informational sessions the EUTF and the insurance carriers will provide information on changes to the plans as well as tips on what to consider in selecting the right plan for you and your family and how to better utilize your EUTF health benefits.
- 2018 Active Reference Guide (PDF)
- 2018 Schedule of Open Enrollment Informational Sessions (PDF)
- Open Enrollment Checklist (PDF)
- EC-1 Form – All BUs (except BU12) (PDF)
- EC-1 Form – BU12 (PDF)
- EC-1H Form – HSTA VB (PDF)
EUTF Active Employee Premium Calculator – Use the Premium Calculator link below to compare 2018 premiums between your current plan and 2 additional plans.
EUTF Plan Finder – Use the EUTF Plan Finder tool to determine which Benefit Plans you are currently enrolled in based on the amounts from your pay stub.
EUTF Active Employee Rates and Contributions