EUTF COVID-19 Coverage
- Diagnostic Testing: COVID-19 diagnostic testing services are 100% covered through the end of the national public health emergency (currently through October 13, 2022), as required by law. Physician referral is required.
- Testing prior to surgery: COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic patients prior to elective surgery when rendered by a participating provider is 100% covered through the end of the month in which the national public health emergency ends (currently through October 31, 2022).
- Treatment: COVID-19 treatment services are 100% covered through the end of the month in which the national public health emergency ends.
- Telehealth: Effective January 1, 2021, coverage of telehealth services reverted to the plan benefit for the services provided. Coverage of HMSA’s Online Care will remain at 100%.
- Audio-only visits: Audio-only visits are included as part of the telehealth benefit and covered at the plan benefit for the services provided from August 1, 2021 through the end of the national public health emergency. Coverage limitations may apply, so please check with your provider if this is the best option for you.
- Vaccine: The COVID-19 vaccine, including administration fees, is 100% covered. Treatment for any adverse reaction to the COVID-19 vaccine is also 100% covered through the end of the national public health emergency. For HMSA updates on the vaccine, visit COVID-19 vaccine.
- For more information about changes in COVID-19 coverage effective January 1, 2021, visit COVID-19 Benefit Changes.
Kaiser Permanente Members:
- Diagnostic Testing: COVID-19 diagnostic testing services are 100% covered through the end of the month in which the national public health emergency ends (currently through October 31, 2022).
- Testing prior to surgery/hospital admission: COVID-19 testing prior to surgery or hospital admission is 100% covered through the end of the month in which the national public health emergency ends.
- Treatment: COVID-19 treatment services are 100% covered through December 31, 2022 for EUTF and HSTA VB actives and non-Medicare retirees. For Medicare retirees covered under a Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage plan, 100% coverage of COVID-19 treatment services ended December 31, 2021.
- Vaccine: The COVID-19 vaccine, including administration fees, is 100% covered. For Kaiser Permanente updates on the vaccine, visit COVID-19 vaccine, or call the Kaiser Permanente COVID-19 hotline at (855) 550-0951.
- For calendar years 2021 and 2022, COVID-19 diagnostic testing (including testing prior to surgery), treatment, and telehealth services are 100% covered.
- The COVID-19 vaccine, including administration fees, is 100% covered. For Humana updates on the COVID-19 vaccine, visit Coronavirus FAQs.
* Be assured that your EUTF health coverage will continue during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are approved for leave without pay (LWOP), you must pay your portion of health benefit premiums directly to the EUTF in order to continue your coverage. Premium payment options can be viewed on our website at eutf.hawaii.gov. Failure to make a timely payment will result in the cancellation of your health benefits and reinstatement of benefits is available only under limited conditions.
** The coverage levels mentioned above are temporary and subject to change.
How to Seek Health Services
For non-urgent services, we encourage you to call your doctor or use online services before visiting your doctor’s office or health care facility. If you are experiencing symptoms of a medical emergency like difficulty breathing, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room/department.
Your primary care provider (PCP) is the first person you should contact for any health-related questions. If you don’t have a PCP, download HMSA’s Online Care® mobile app or visit hmsaonlinecare.com and register for online services. Online Care doctors are available 24/7 and at no charge. American Well® is an independent company providing hosting and software services for HMSA’s Online Care platform on behalf of HMSA.
Your health plan is designed to support your overall health and wellness – not just your physical health, but your mental and emotional well-being too. For resources, visit Health and Wellness for HMSA members. You can also visit HMSA’s mental health resources, which includes articles, webinars, and tips on how to take care of yourself and your loved ones during challenging times.
We encourage members to get their prescriptions through mail order, especially during this time. Every order is filled by a licensed pharmacist, quality checked, and delivered in discreet packaging that is tamper-proof, weather-proof, and temperature controlled. Medications are delivered to a location of your choice, with no-cost shipping.
To start mail service, sign in at Caremark.com.
- Under Prescriptions, click Start Rx Delivery by Mail.
- Search for a drug, view Past searches, or Request a previously filled prescription.
- Select the drug you want to fill and click Request a New Prescription.
- You can also download the Mail Service Order Form located under Plan & Benefits – Print Plan Forms.
If you have any questions regarding mail service or your prescription drug benefit, contact CVS (toll-free 1-855-801-8263).
Kaiser Permanente members:
Call the number on your Kaiser Permanente membership card, available 24/7. Another option is to download the Kaiser Permanente mobile app or visit kp.org and register for online services. Through kp.org, you can view portions of your medical record, send secure emails to your doctor’s office, refill most prescriptions, and schedule phone appointments.
Your health plan is designed to support your overall health and wellness – not just your physical health, but your mental and emotional well-being too. For resources, visit Health and Wellness for Kaiser Permanente members. Kaiser Permanente’s website also offers helpful COVID-19 related articles and videos on their Featured Resources page, as well as self-care tools, tips, and activities on their Wellness Resources page.
Your dental office visit experience may have changed during the pandemic. Refer to the COVID-19 Dental Care Guide on what to expect at your next visit to the dentist. Please note that it is HDS policy that separate fees for personal protective equipment (PPE) or protective gear used during your dental office visit are not billable to HDS members. If billed, please contact HDS (Oahu: (808) 529-9310 or toll-free: 1-866-702-3883). Visit HDS COVID-19 for the latest updates and guidance on dental care.