I didn’t apply for Medicare when I turned 65 even though I did not have health coverage from my job or through my spouse’s or DP’s/CUP’s employer. What should I do?

FAQs Cagegory: */ ?>

If you missed the initial enrollment (a seven-month period starting three months before your 65th birthday and ending three months after your birth month), you must wait to apply for Medicare until the general enrollment period during January and March of each year. Your coverage will start the following July. You must contact the Social Security Administration to apply for Medicare by calling 1-800-772-1213 or visit their website at www.ssa.gov. You will pay a 10 percent Medicare Part B premium penalty for each year you delayed signing up. Your EUTF Medicare Part B reimbursements will not include payment for any penalty amounts.