I was covered under my spouse’s health insurance and we recently lost our coverage. Can I enroll into my EUTF coverage right away?

FAQs Cagegory: . . */ ?>

Yes.  Complete an EC-1 enrollment form (or EC-1H for HSTA VB members) and submit it to your departmental human resources office or enrollment designee within 45 days from the date you lost coverage under your spouse’s plan.  For DOE employees, you must submit your form to:

PO Box 2360
Honolulu, HI 96804

Attach a loss of coverage letter from your spouse’s employer or the health benefits carrier detailing the type of coverage lost, the date of loss, and the names of who lost coverage.  Your effective date of coverage under EUTF plans is the day following your loss of coverage under your spouse’s plan.