I’m getting divorced and my spouse is covered under my EUTF plans. What should I do?

FAQs Cagegory: . . */ ?>

Employees must immediately notify EUTF of their divorce. Employees need to complete an EC-1 enrollment form (or EC-1H for HSTA VB members) and submit it to their departmental human resources office or enrollment designee within 45 days of your divorce date to terminate their ex-spouse’s coverage.  Employees must also attach pages 1 and 2 of the divorce decree along with the signature page. For DOE employees, you must submit your form to:

PO Box 2360
Honolulu, HI 96804

If received timely, the former spouse’s coverage will end the first day of the pay period following the divorce.  If the EC-1/EC-1H is filed more than 60 days after the date of divorce, the ex-spouse will be removed prospectively based on the date the EC-1/EC-1H is received by the employer and the employee will be responsible for the employer portion of premiums retroactive to the divorce date.