As a State or County retiree, you are eligible to enroll:
- Your spouse, or domestic or civil union partner
- Your children under age 19. Children under age 24 if unmarried and a full-time student. Dependent children include those by birth, marriage, foster, adoption or placement for adoption
- Your child, regardless of age, who is incapable of self-support because of a mental or physical impairment that existed prior to the child reaching age 19.
In addition, the following persons are eligible for Retiree health benefits:
- The surviving spouse of an employee killed in the performance of the employee’s duty, provided he or she does not enter into another marriage or domestic partnership
- The surviving spouse of a deceased retiree or a deceased employee who at the time of death was eligible for retirement, provided he or she does not enter into another marriage or domestic partnership
- The unmarried child of a deceased retired employee, provided the child is under age 19 with no surviving parent who is eligible to be covered as a surviving spouse